Central Westmoreland Career & Technology Center employs nearly seventy people. The majority are in full time positions that require certification through the Pennsylvania Department of Education. We also employ Program Coordinators, Instructional Assistants, Clerical Support Staff, and Maintenance Staff. All employees are required to submit background checks in accordance with PDE regulations and all new hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
The PA Standard for teachers can be printed here
The CWCTC General Employment Application for staff can be printed here
The Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check can be found here
The Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance can be found here
The Federal Criminal Record Check (Fingerprints) can be found here
A service code will be needed. When prompted use: 1KG6NX
The following employment opportunities are available:
Automotive Technology Instructor
Potential candidate qualifications include: a minimum of four (4) years of experience as a certified Automotive Mechanic/Technician within the last 10 years, be self-motivated, able to meet timelines, as well as good organization and communication skills. Specific qualifications include the ability to apply technical knowledge and skills necessary to plan, demonstrate, and deliver the curriculum associated with the NATEF / PDE Automotive Technology Program of Study. Experience within the education community is a plus.
To apply for an instructor position, send a letter of interest, your resume, standard application for Teaching Positions in Pennsylvania Public Schools, clearances and at least three professional letters of recommendation to the address below.
Two (2) Paraprofessionals
General responsibilities include instructional remediation for all students in their assigned program(s) as well as duties assigned by administration. Experience working with high-school age special education students is highly preferred for one position. Vocational experience is preferred for the other position. Both positions are grant funded, but included full medical benefits and eligible for the PSERS Retirement system.
Paraprofessional (Protective Services)
General responsibilities include instructional remediation for all students in their assigned program(s) as well as administer first aid to the student body under the supervision of the school’s Certified School Nurse. For this unique Paraprofessional position, we are seeking an experienced EMT, Police Officer or Firefighter. Valid EMT License, EMT Instructor and/or experience working with high-school age students is preferred.
12-month Secretarial position - job function
12-month Secretarial position - job function:
Perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties to organize, coordinate and schedule school and business office activities; assist the Administration, Business Manager and Guidance Counselors in routine administrative tasks; perform public relations and coordinate communications between staff, parents, students and the general public.
Qualified candidates for this role will have a positive attitude, professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
- Previous work experience in a school setting preferred.
- PIMS and Skyward (or similar student information system) experience is highly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- A strong people person, with the ability to create relationships and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties to coordinate school office activities and assist in a variety of administrative tasks.
- Type at a rate of 60 words per minute.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and deal with interruptions.
- Strong organizational skills and committed to meet schedules and time lines.
- HS diploma or G.E.D. Certificate at a minimum; a two-year associate’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Two years of increasingly responsible clerical and secretarial experience involving frequent contact with the public.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Answer, direct, and properly route incoming calls and emails.
- Serve as secretary to the Business Manager and Administration.
- Support the Guidance Department with enrollment, scheduling, generating reports and bulk mailings.
- PIMS child accounting and Safe Schools reporting.
- Organize, coordinate, and schedule a variety of office activities to assist the Business Manager with administrative tasks, records and files relating to students, staff, budgets, operations and activities.
- Provide information concerning school policies, procedures, actions, activities and schedules as appropriate; maintain school calendar and serve as a coordinator of events.
- Collect, compile, organize and record a variety of data related to attendance, enrollment, personnel, equipment inventory and student activities; prepare and maintain related records, files and logs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; includes full medical benefits and PSERS retirement options.
Candidate must possess or be able to obtain Acts 24, 34, 114, and 151 clearances as well as pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Substitute Teachers and Custodians
Interested candidates should complete a General Employment Application along with the required clearances.
Please mail in the completed application clearances (Criminal Background Act 34, FBI 114, Criminal Background151) to:
Mr. Brad Elwood, Administrative Director
Central Westmoreland Career and Technology Center
240 Arona Road,
New Stanton, PA 15672
Questions relating to these substitute positions can be directed to Mr. Brad Elwood - email@example.com
Central Westmoreland Career and Technology Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Immediate opening at CDL training school in the
Pittsburgh/Westmoreland County area.
CDL Instructors needed for various shifts - road and range.
RETIRED DRIVERS are strongly encouraged to apply- come share your knowledge and experience while earning some extra cash!!!
Applicant must have a CDL-A and 3 years OTR driving experience
To apply for a posted position, send a letter of interest, your resume, standard CWCTC General Employment application found on the CWCTC website, clearances and at least three professional references to:
Mr. Brad Elwood
Central Westmoreland CTC
240 Arona Road
New Stanton, PA 15672
Applications for all four positions will be accepted until the positions are filled.
CWCTC is an EOE compliant educational organization.